Deluxe Seneca Lake Package: Food and Wine Extraordinaire
If you are looking for a complete gourmet food and wine experience chosen from among the best Seneca Lake offerings, this two-night package is for you.
- After a gourmet breakfast at Sunrise Landing. you may enjoy some time to relax and take in the beautiful view and/or paddle a canoe or kayak on the lake. Then, we will transport you to the beginning of Apple Road where you will join a tour by “Experience Finger Lakes” to experience the “best of the west side of the lake”. Your first stop will be at Kemmeter Winery, the boutique winery of Johannes Rienhardt. Featured in Evan Dawson’s book, Summer in a Glass, Johannes came to the area from a wine-making family in Germany that has been making wines since the mid15th century. You will enjoy a very personal experience with Johannes and learn about the creation and progress of his young vineyard followed by a tasting of his beautiful wine.
- Then you will enjoy lunch at FLX Wienery arguably serving the best burgers and wieners found anywhere along with amazing sides and trimmings. The unique selections they create feature flavors and textures from locally-sourced ingredients. Craft beers from around the world will be paired with your delicious lunch.
- The next stop, right after lunch will be to award-winning Hermann J. Wiemer Vineyards. Here, you will enjoy a private tasting in the winery. Also featured in Summer in a Glass, Wiemer is one of the top Riesling producers in the United States. The winery was recognized by Wine & Spirits Magazine as one of the top 100 American wineries for 2014.
- The final stop and another Winery featured in Dawson’s book, is Red Tail Ridge Winery. Recognized by the New York Times, Wine Spectator and Wine Enthusiast as one of the best producers in the region, they are especially known for several grape varieties not seen anywhere else in the area. You will again, enjoy a private tasting featuring their array of unique wines.
- Your driver will then return you safely to the beginning of Apple Road. We will be waiting to shuttle you back to Sunrise Landing where homemade chocolate chip cookies, fresh from the oven, will await you.
- The package also includes a $50 gift card towards dinner at your choice of three superb, Seneca Lake Area restaurants and a complimentary copy of Evan Dawson’s intriguing book, to enable you to learn more about many of the amazing personalities who created this world renown wine area.
The complete, inclusive, two-night experience starts at just *$725 for our Rose Suite. Returning guests will receive $25 off the package and rates are inclusive of taxes, lunch, and wine/food pairing/tasting (rates do not include wine tour gratuity). Offered only the weekends of May 21, June 25, July 30, August 13, September 17, October 22, November 5. To view each of our unique suites go to the Sunrise Landing website and click on “suites” in the drop down menu. To find out more or to sign up for your package, call Sunrise Landing at 607 243-7548.
*Package rates are based on vendor minimum of 5 people or more, to a tour.